The simple interface takes the work out of the bookwork.
Compatible with All Versions of Jaws and Window Eyes
Talking Check Book Features
- Full reconciliation feature
- Sort records by any field
- Categorize your transaction by type
- Manage unlimited number of Accounts
- Bookkeeping made easy. We did away with confusing terms like "debit" and "credit" and replaced them with "deposit" and "withdraw".
- Print Checks from your printer. The TCB will print standard QuickBooks style checks on either an inkjet or laser printer.
- Backup and Restore Data
- Multiple currencies: Supports U.S. Dollars, British Pounds and the European Euro
- Search for a check
- Check signing template. The TCB comes with a template that you can lay over your printed check so you can sign them.
- JAWS and Window Eyes Compatible Versions. TCB has built-in extensions for both Window Eyes and Jaws Making this checkbook very accessible, without the need for scripts and SET files.
- Accessible Reports: All reports can be saved as MS WORD documents or your transactions can be exported to EXCEL or LOTUS spreadsheets.
- Press a single hot key to hear the balance of any account.
- Built-in Accessible Calendar
- Built-in Talking Calculator
Who is the Talking Checkbook designed for?
The Talking Checkbook is designed to make account management and check writing truly accessible. It is designed not only for individuals who find it difficult to write in small areas and for those who find simple math difficult, but anyone who wants an easy way to write checks and balance accounts.. You will find using the Talking Checkbook quicker and much easier than manually writing checks.
The Talking Checkbook has extensions built into it to be compatible with both Jaws and Window Eyes. These extensions were added to provide excellent accessibility. We have also included a check-signing template to make signing checks a breeze. Users have the option of using just the internal voice, Jaws extensions, Window Eyes extensions or turn off the voice completely. Screen readers such as Jaws and Window Eyes will read the information on the screen, but sometimes that is not enough. The screen reader extension will read the information in a logical format allowing you to make sense of the information being read.
People who have trouble with math and those who have trouble with transposing numbers can really benefit from the digital voices use to read TCB information. Sometimes just hearing the number will allow you to catch your errors.
Many disabilities make it difficult to write and sign checks. The Talking Checkbook can do that for you. It can print your checks. It uses standard printer checks, the same ones used by QuickBooks and other accounting applications. The Talking Checkbook will work with any laser or inkjet printer. Just place the blank check in the printer, select the print button and the check will print. When it is done printing, to sign the check, just lay the template provided with The Talking Checkbook over the and sign your name in the cutout on the template.
We have eliminated confusing terms such as "debit" and "credit" and replaced them with everyday terms you a familiar with such as "withdraws" and "deposits". You are either taking money out of and account or putting it in. It is that simple.
About The Talking Checkbook
The Talking Checkbook has a simple interface that makes managing any bank account easy. You can use it to manage a checking, savings or even a retirement account. Select an account and press CTRL + B and instantly you will hear the balance of that account. If you want detailed information about that account, you can go through the transactions one by one in descending order or you can create a report. The reports are created in a MS Word document that gives you full access to the information. You can also export the information to a file that can be opened up in spreadsheet programs such as Excel or Lotus, where you can create your own reports.
Printing checks is a breeze. You fill out the information just like writing a check. You only have to enter the check information once. For example, every month you write a check to the phone company. Once you have entered the information for the phone company for the first time, after that you can simply select it from the list and not have to enter the information every time.
To make account management easier, we have even added both a "notes" field and a "search" feature. The note feature allows you to record additional information about a check or a deposit. The search feature helps you locate a check in your account register.
- Operating System: Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP.
- Memory: 32 MB of RAM
- CPU: 200 MHz or Faster
- Storage: 20 MB of Free space
- CD ROM Drive: 4X or Faster
- Sound Card with Speakers
- Keyboard and Mouse
Call for volume discounts or site license.